06 Jun Sun Exposure & Skin Cancer
Summertime is here! Which means time for fun in the sun. However, due to our relative proximity to the sun in Boulder County we suffer sun burns and sun damage faster than those living at lower altitudes. To prevent this, be sure to protect yourself from the suns harmful rays with longer sleeves, wide brimmed hats, and sun screen.
If the sun has already taken it’s toll, it is easy to remember the ABCDEs of moles concerning for skin cancer:
- Asymmetry – Any mole that cannot be divided in half resulting in mirror images
- Border irregularity – Serpiginous or poorly defined borders
- Color – Any mole with multiple colors in it
- Diameter – Any mole bigger than 6mm diameter
- Evolving – Any mole that changes (grows, bleeds, itches)